Ecommerce optimization is tweaking a website to achieve a goal. It is enhancing user experience.
Since 2013, I have offered more eCommerce services for clients to know that a website is beyond its look.
The primary goal of any eCommerce website is to have enough conversion. That could be:
- Subscribing to an email list.
- Buying products or ordering services.
- Sharing a blog post and more.
Because website visitors add nothing to your growth until they become paying-customers.
Or at the least a lead.
In this article, you will learn:
- The meaning of website optimization.
- 7 Proven Strategies to optimize your store.
- 3 Top optimization tools you should be using.
- 7 Tips to increase your conversion
After these optimization tips, you can discuss changes with your eCommerce website designer.
- What Is Website Optimization?
- Importance Of Ecommerce Website Optimization
- Ecommerce Website Optimization Tips
- #2 Website Optimization: Speed Up Your Website.
- #3 Website Optimization: Build A Product Landing Page
- #4 Website Optimization: Recommend Relevant Products
- More Optimization Tips For Your eCommerce Website
- Top Ecommerce Optimization Tools
What Is Website Optimization?
An ecommerce website is an online store where people buy your products or services.
So, what is eCommerce website optimization?
eCommerce optimization is improving on your website to best achieve your goals. It is making it more effective than before.
Website optimization is knowing what your users want.Oluboba Ayodeji
We can compare website optimization for eCommerce businesses with self-development in our lives.
It is a continuous process with no destination.
What works for certain web visitors today may not work for others tomorrow.
The right website optimization can end losses and give you a better revenue model.
Importance Of Ecommerce Website Optimization
Let me tell you a true story…
A company in Delta State hired me sometime last year to help see what the problem was with their online store website design.
I was not the store designer. So, my duty as to audit and make recommendations.
I made my analysis and realized the eCommerce website had been a failure.
By failure, I mean it was not fulfilling its goal– visitors goods search, add to cart, checkout, and more.
Also, they were having lots of cart abandonment. Where a customer adds a product to the cart basket but leaves the website without paying.
Same thing as asking the price in a physical store and walking out without buying.
What could be the problem?
The website analytics show visitors are coming in hundreds. So, it’s not a problem with traffic.
How about the responsiveness?
Mobile, tablet and computer view show the website looks good on all devices. So, it’s not.
When I ran through some deep checks, I got to know it was a conversion problem. Some ignored elements caused this.
So, I had to optimize the entire website pages and products. Ever since, the company had enjoyed greater success.
If you would love to audit your website and know what to do to make it a dream success? Let’s discuss here.
It’s time you learn my proven eCommerce website optimization to increase your sales.
Ecommerce Website Optimization Tips
#1 Website Optimization: Build For Your Customers
What do your customers want? Are your contents persuasive enough to make visitors buy?
The first eCommerce website optimization starts with the mind.
You need the right mindset to succeed in eCommerce businesses.
And that includes optimizing your website for shoppers to have the best experience.
I want you to answer the following questions.
- Why should a customer buy from you?
- How do your products/services make a customer feel?
- What could make a customer choose a competitor and not you?
The problem is not you selling. The unasked question is, “Will the people buy?”
Pay attention to helping customers buying better than you selling faster.
How Persuasion Leads To Better eCommerce Website Optimization
- Identify key values your shoppers hold dare. Amplify these values on your website.
- Develop a system to capture buyers’ persona as they go through your sales process.
- Use persuasive words and meaningful graphics that resonate with buyers.
You need to understand how people feel about your business.
This way , you can execute focused strategies rather than acting on assumptions.
#2 Website Optimization: Speed Up Your Website.
An eCommerce study shows that the best website speed should not be over 3 seconds.
Because the longer it takes, the higher your bounce rate and lesser your conversion.
Also, a slow website has no place in the Google search rank. Thus, leading to a negative user experience.
Below are common factors that weigh down your website.
- Poor hosting servers
- Extensive large images
- JQuery loading theme
- High-affected plugins
Steps To Carry Out eCommerce Website Optimization
- Run analysis of your current website performance using GTMetrix.
- Upgrade your shared hosting to manage hosting. If it persists, change to any of these best web hosting companies.
- Use the CDN to cut delay in server connection and increase page speed.
- Resize and compress images to keep quality in small size.
- Delete dormant plugins and clean your database often.
So, having a fast website will be one of your best eCommerce optimization strategies.
Because everything else depends on it.
#3 Website Optimization: Build A Product Landing Page
A big part of website optimization is building a landing page that helps achieve your goal.
For ecommerce, this is the product page.
If you check your analytics, you soon realize that the products pages give over 50% of your traffic.
And when you run paid ads, where do you direct them to? The product page, of course!
So, it’s that eCommerce page you must build with sales conversion at heart.
Please never make the mistake of making your homepage the default landing page.
The chances of a visitor buying are higher at the products and shopping page than anywhere else.
Because when customers can see detailed information about what they are buying, they respond fast.
And on this page, ensure to use only high-quality images to avoid blur when a shopper zooms.
Using explainer videos also works best because it creates the sense of feel and touch.
Thus, leading to a greater conversion.
#4 Website Optimization: Recommend Relevant Products
Product recommendation is a key website optimization to getting the best user experience.
It remains the good way to deliver helpful interactions to your site visitors.
As visitors are always searching for the best among many products.
But it’s not enough to recommend, there are factors you must consider. They include:
- The type of products displayed
- The number of products.
- The visuals of the products
Here are three best positions to place product recommendations on your eCommerce website:
When you don’t have data about a new user, the homepage products recommendations work.
Here, your product’s recommendation would be best to call “Best Sellers”.
The Product Page:
A shopper on the product page is still searching. You have not converted them.
So, it is best website and SEO practices to recommend items related to what they are viewing.
The Search Page:
There is no better place to be more effective with recommendations than the search page.
It is a gold mine to recommend the “People Also Viewed” type of recommendations.
With this website optimization for eCommerce website, you will increase revenue in a short time.
More Optimization Tips For Your eCommerce Website
- Write your goals for your website goals in both traffic and revenue.
- Help customers shop faster by optimizing your page speed.
- Do not place external links above the screen fold (Upper part of the screen).
- Your visitors don’t know what to do next, lead them with call-to-actions CTAs.
- Promote more of the 20% products that give 80% of your revenue.
- Reach out to customers asking what they would like to see in your business.
- Explain in details how your products or services stand to benefit buyers.
- In your writings, avoid technical words and use those your shoppers will understand without explanation.
- Use email and retargeting marketing to reach out to increase conversion.
Top Ecommerce Optimization Tools
Omnisend is an all-in-one ecommerce marketing tool that helps you drive sales impact with email & SMS marketing.
It takes away the busywork of reaching, engaging, and converting your online store customers using simple automation available on popular channels.
Omnisend boasts of helping ecommerce businesses by sending personalized messages to the right person at the right time.
Crowdfire simplifies your social media management so you can have time for other things.
It helps you discover and schedule content, and manage all your social accounts from one place.
With CrowdFire, you can curate articles from across the web from thousands of sources.
Semrush is one platform with everything you need to dominate your business market.
It allows you do SEO, content marketing, competitor research, PPC and social media marketing from just one platform.
Semrush analyzes your data and gives you recommendations on that can help you improve your online visibility in days.
Inventory Source is a dropship Automation Software and Integrated Supplier Network
They automatically upload your products, sync inventory & route orders with dropship suppliers to virtually any online store, the marketplace, or ecommerce platform.
Inventory Source has a wide network of pre-built dropship supplier integrations, including many exclusive brands and high-quality products.
You need these digital marketing tools to best implement optimization techniques in your eCommerce website.